Madurai Meenakshi Appalam Lemon Pickle Food Processing Unit is located in Madurai, a city famous for its culture and heritage. Our variety of pickles includes spicy Chilli pickle, Ginger pickle, Lime pickles, Garlic pickle, Mixed pickle, Mango pickle and more that possess perfect freshness, flavor and taste. The products we offer are
- This incredibly easy and oil-free lemon pickle recipe makes the most bright and tangy condiment for enjoying with your favorite Indian dishes. Homemade spiced lemon pickle only includes 4 simple ingredients, and is naturally low-fat, gluten-free
- Firstly, rinse 6 or 7 medium-sized lemons or 7 or 8 limes with water and either air dry or towel dry.
Once the lemons are dry, one at a time take each lemon and cut four slices while being careful to keep the fruit whole.
- Squeeze a bit of juice – about ¼ to ½ teaspoons from each lemon piece into a bowl. But do not squeeze the lemons too much – you want them to keep their shape and fullness.
- In another plate or bowl, add 1 tablespoon of carom seeds, ½ tablespoon of red chili powder or pepper, and 1 one tablespoon of salt. Mix very well.
- Carefully stuff the spiced lemons into a clean jar that has a lid. At this point, you can let the empty jar soak in the sun for 1 to 2 hours before you move on Next, remove the seeds.
- Now add the extra spice mixture that was set aside by sprinkling it over the lemons in the jar.
- Then sprinkle some salt (about ½ to 1 teaspoon) all over the lemons. This is essential so that the lemons don’t spoil during the pickling process.
- The lemon pickle will be ready to enjoy